Business Operations Manager
Imray is the leading publisher of information for leisure sailors. The company is at a time of exciting change as we build on our long heritage, international reputation and well-established nautical books and charts to create a new generation of products and services.
We are looking to hire a Business Operations Manager who can maximise our commercial potential, oversee stock and product distribution and help to ensure efficiency and customer satisfaction.
The ideal person will be resourceful, driven, analytical and commercially shrewd. You will have the ability to interrogate data and understand pricing, margins and discounting. You will possess excellent communication skills in order to understand and communicate our business requirements. You will also have the ability to nurture and grow the skills within the existing team, and work closely with key stakeholders across the business.
You will have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
Goals and responsibilities
- Oversee stock and product distribution
- Set and manage commercial and operational goals and targets across the company
- Manage commercial tasks including setting and monitoring product prices, costs and profitability. Work closely with the Finance department to ensure the commercial viability of the company’s offering
- Monitor and develop systems and processes including stock, dispatch and distribution, quality management, ecommerce, HR and CRM
- Manage commercial contracts, relationships and stock procurement
- Analyse data and intelligence to help ensure the smooth running of the company and overall customer satisfaction.
- Proven track record in business operations management (minimum 3-5 years experience),
- Experience of building projects and relationships from scratch
- Budget management
- Good numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Delivering projects on time, within budget and to the quality required
- Planning and translating organisation strategy and vision into operational objectives
- Leadership and mentoring; ability to pull people together across systems and sites and motivate them to deliver common aims and targets
- Use of ICT including Microsoft Office packages and other relevant software
- Minimum GCSE grade C or above in maths and English
- Fluent English language speaker
- Full driving licence.
- Use of SAP Business One accounts and stock management system
- Relevant professional qualifications
Contract: Permanent full time role (subject to a trial period).
Reports to: Managing Director
Works closely with: Sales and Finance team
Direct reports: Warehouse and dispatch staff
Location: Located at our headquarters at Wych House with some flexibility
Salary: The compensation associated with this position is competitive with the market and will be agreed during the interview process based on skills and experience.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter (2 pages max) outlining your relevant experience and motivation for this role to email@example.com by Monday 6 June 2022.
For an informal conversation, questions or further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org