Sales and Commercial Manager
Imray is the leading publisher of information for leisure sailors. The company is at a time of exciting change as we build on our long heritage, international reputation and well-established nautical books and charts to create a new generation of products and services.
Due to our continued success, we have an exciting opportunity for a Sales and Commercial Manager to join our team. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Sales and Commercial Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s commercial activities, including overseeing sales and marketing activities, the negotiation of contracts and partnerships, financial management and product distribution.
As an experienced commercial manager you will demonstrate strong negotiation skills, commercial shrewdness and decisiveness. You will be able to Identify opportunities and develop relationships in order to grow sales and customer satisfaction.
You will have analytical skills and the ability to interrogate data and understand pricing, margins and discounting. You'll possess excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, and be skilled at building rapport and understanding business requirements of decision makers. You will also have the ability to nurture and grow the skills within the existing team, and work closely with key stakeholders across the business. You must also have a willingness to travel.
The context of the commercial manager role can be summarised as follows:
- Responsible for overall sales growth and increasing Imray’s market share
- Grow Imray’s community; maintain and develop longstanding relationships with existing customers to generate commercial opportunities
- Be innovative and explore new avenues of activity to develop the business to Imray’s premium standards
- Develop sales and commercial operations to improve efficiency
- Work with Directors to set revenue and sales goals
- Oversee and offer direction and instruction to sales, order processing and despatch staff to help them achieve their goals
- Work closely with the Finance department to ensure the commercial viability of the company’s offering
- Work with Directors and the wider team to devise and implement innovative sales and commercial strategies
- Work closely with the Managing Director and colleagues to develop the Imray brand.
- Analyse data and performance trends, and in response, adapt and develop existing operational processes in order to improve efficiency and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Represent the company at the highest level, including at external events. In usual circumstances, the job will involve international travel.
- Proven track record in sales and commercial management (minimum 5 years experience), meeting and exceeding targets.
- Experience of building projects and relationships from scratch
- Procurement and six figure budget management
- Utilising CRM tools to manage sales tasks and workflow
Good numeracy skills and attention to detail
Delivering projects on time, within budget and to the quality required
- Planning and translating organisation strategy and vision into operational objectives
- Leadership and mentoring; ability to pull people together across systems and sites and motivate them to deliver common aims and targets
- Use of ICT including Microsoft Office packages and other relevant software
- Fluent English language
- Full driving licence
- Digital commerce and marketing experience
- Marine industry or sailing experience
- Use of SAP Business One accounts and stock management system
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Other language competency
For further information or an informal chat, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications Wednesday 6 January 5pm
First interviews will be held online, w/c Monday 11 January
Second interviews in person (restrictions permitting), w/c Monday 18 January