I purchased the annual extension, why can’t I see more than 7 days ahead?
Tides Planner is free to download and you can access one day’s tide information (the current day) for any country in the world. You can also access the currents data for one day (the current day).
Year licences are available for past, current and future years within the app. These are purchased annually. Purchasing a year licence unlocks data for more days:
- Any day within year licence year – Italy, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Chile Ecuador
- Current day only - France
- Seven day tide information (current day + 6 days) – all other countries
HYDROGRAPHIC OFFICE LICENCE
Hydrographic Office licences unlock any day tide information. These are one off purchases which will work with any past, current or future year licences. There are a range of Hydrographic Office licences available:
- Tidal Stream Atlas – allows access to the UK tidal stream atlases
- UK, Ireland, Germany and other UKHO world – allows access to any day tide information for UKHO countries
- France – allows access to any day predictions for France
- Currents & Atlas Brest – allows access to French tidal stream atlases and the currents on the French coast of the English Channel and Biscay
- Netherlands – allows access to any day predictions for the Netherlands
- Belgium – allows access to any day predictions for Belgium
- Spain – allows access to any day predictions for Spain
- Portugal – allows access to any day predictions for Portugal
- NLHO Indonesia – allows access to any day predictions for Indonesia
Why is the prediction in Tides Planner different from my paper tide table prediction?
This may be due to time zone or BST differences. Check that BST has been applied to your paper Tides Predictions.
Next, check if you are on UTC or Local time in the app under Tools > Preferences. Local time will give you the prediction in the time zone of your device, not the time zone for the port you’re looking at (which may be in a different time zone than you).
If you have checked this and still see a discrepancy, please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into it further.
I accidentally purchased the wrong extension. Can you give me a refund?
The App Stores take payment and deal with all refunds and financial transactions.
Follow their instructions, ideally within 48 hours of making a purchase for the best chance of a refund:
Can I use my licence on multiple devices?
Licences can be shared between devices that run on the same platform (e.g. Android or Apple). Purchases are associated to your Google Play Account/Apple ID and so if you are using the same account you will be able to access your licences on multiple devices.
To do this, navigate to the App Extensions page and tap Restore Extensions at the bottom of the page. It is important that you are using the same Google Play/Apple ID account.
Currently you cannot share licences between devices running on different platforms.
Why are the tidal predictions for high and low water on the Tides Planner app sometimes different from those shown in other sources?
The predictions in the app are based on the Harmonic method using constants from various official Hydrographic Office sources. There may be small differences between the app predictions and the Hydrographic Office sources as the HOs use more of these constants for their calculations. We'd expect these differences to be very small.
Please check that your app is displaying at the correct time zone. You can check this in Preferences - change GMT to Local time.
When there is a high-water stand, with a comparatively long period of high water, the uncertainty in the algorithm in the app may be greater and the time differences in predictions may be greater. This is why it's useful to see the tidal curve graph in the app rather than solely the HW and LW numbers without context. The curve doesn't always look like a sine curve in this case.
Actual times will vary with other factor such as air pressure and weather but if you are seeing major differences, please do contact us at email@example.com. It will help us review our algorithms in future to ensure that the data we supply is as accurate as possible.